Labor Day Weekend is all about getting together with friends and family, having Monday off of school, and honoring the working people. What better way to celebrate the three day weekend then with some healthy barbecue and desserts?
Because life’s too short, we’ll go ahead and start with the desserts.
- Go coco for bananas? All you’ll need is a bunch of fresh bananas and dark/milk chocolate chips and any additional toppings you love .
Slice open the bananas, leaving the peel on the outside.
Place the chocolate chips along the slice in the center of the banana. Add your extra toppings, such as toasted cocoanuts or caramel.
Finally wrap up the banana and chocolate in tin foil and place over grill for a couple of minutes or until chocolate chips are melted.
2. Fruit Kabobs for everyone!
Slice chunks of bananas and strawberries.
take wooden sticks and slide on bananas, strawberries, and blueberries in various patterns.
3. Cream Cheese Bites
Take out the pits of the strawberries Mix cream cheese, butter, and sweetener together
Fill strawberries with cream cheese and top with blue berries.
Now on to the barbecue.
- Instead of burgers and fried chicken, try grilling up the steak and chicken with fresh seasonings. For the grilled chicken, toss parsley, thyme, lemon peels, and garlic together. For the steak, try salt, pepper, garlic powder, and graduated onions.
- Like your parent’s always remind you, don’t forget your vegetables.
Coat all your favorite vegetables with olive oil and throw them on the grill. Once done grilling, top with salt and pepper to taste.
If you need some suggestions try: carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, and squash.
- Finally if your craving for french fries is keeping you up at night, try baking potato slices in the oven. Slice potatoes in any fry shape, place on pan, drizzle with olive oil and seasoning and bake at 350 degrees.
If your really feeling healthy, try sweet potatoes!This weekend say your final goodbyes to summer with these fresh recipes. These healthy food choices are easy to find and simple to make. Remember to enjoy the three day weekend with family, friends, and great food!